Solar panels Edmonton
Canada’s second sunniest city has an average of 2,300 hours of sunlight every year. This makes it easy for solar panels in Edmonton to capture a large amount of energy at some of the lowest prices in the country.CONTACT FOR A QUOTE
Edmonton solar panel experts
We’re Canada’s top rated solar company for a reason. After installing hundreds of custom, turnkey solar panel solutions in Edmonton, we know what works and tailor it to our clients’ needs.
Alberta solar incentives and rebates
Solar energy is more affordable than ever before. Learn more about the programs available to help on your journey to solar.
Canada Greener Homes Grant
The Canadian Government recently announced the “Canada Greener Homes Grant”, which is focused on making Canadian households more efficient. Through this grant you get $1/Watt off of your solar installation to a maximum of $5,000. This grant can also be combined with other available municipal grants.Learn More about Canada Greener Homes Grant
Edmonton Solar Rebate Program
The City of Edmonton is increasing its solar rebate incentive from $0.15/W to $0.40/W for residential solar system installations through its Change Homes for Climate Solar Program (CHCSP). The CHCSP grants residential homeowners up to a maximum amount of 40% of eligible costs or of $4000 per application, whichever is lesser.Learn More about Edmonton Solar Rebate Program
Residential Solar Panels
Want to take your sustainable lifestyle to the next level? Discover custom, affordable solar solutions.Learn more
Drive into a future where technology and nature work together. Our Tesla-certified team works with the industry’s best to bring EV charging stations to more homes and businesses everywhere.Learn more
Electricity on your terms. Keep the lights on with excess, stored energy from your solar panels when the sun goes down.Learn more
See local projects
General solar FAQ
- Solar panels collect the Sun’s energy.
- The energy captured by the solar panels is converted into usable energy for your home or business.
- The now usable energy available can be consumed by electronics and appliances such as your computer, TV, and smartphone.
- An additional benefit to having available solar energy at your home is that it can provide clean, carbon free energy for your transportation.
- Additional energy that is not used by your electronics, appliances, or electric vehicle are exported to the local electrical grid and generates additional income.
To complete our free solar assessment, you will need to provide our sales team with information and photos. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- A copy of your most recent energy bill. This will allow us to model your energy consumption in order to design an optimal solar system and provide accurate pricing.
- Pictures of your electrical infrastructure and roof type. This will allow us to determine if your new solar system can be easily integrated with your home’s existing electrical infrastructure and roof.
- Confirmation of your address. This allows us to use Google imaging combined with our in-house software to remotely design your system while taking into consideration available roof space, potential shading structures, and optimal tilt.
The assessment process also allows us to address any questions or apprehensions about solar that you may have. We want to make sure you understand everything before you make a decision.
Click HERE for a copy of the information collection form we send out!
The team at Zeno will analyze your location, electricity usage, and sustainability goals to determine your suitability for solar. You can ask us questions you may have about solar, incentives, installation, and anything else you can think of.
Once approved, we will handle obtaining Electrical Permits and fill out your Incentive and Micro–Generation Applications for you. We will develop a schedule that works for you and make sure you are satisfied with every aspect of the process. We may need you to sign a couple forms depending on your utility provider.
Our qualified team of professional electricians will install your system, ensuring quality work throughout. We will connect the new solar panels to your existing electrical system and have your meter replaced by the local wire line owner so that you can connect and sell to the grid.
After installation, our experienced team will review the solar system with you and explain how everything works, including incentives and micro-generation. We will answer any additional questions, ensure you are satisfied with the work, and have a comfortable understanding of your system.
There are several aspects of a solar installation that resist and combat the accumulation of snow:
- Almost all residential installations have panels installed at an angle. This allows gravity to do some of the work, letting the snow simply slide off.
- The Tier 1 panels we use are manufactured with coatings that prevent the accumulation of snow
- Heat produced by the panels can help the snow melt.
- Sunlight can penetrate up to 2 inches of snow, so your panels can still be producing when covered. Once the snow cover gets thicker, the added weight will likely help it fall of as well.
Of course, there may be some instances when snow accumulates, at which point the panel won’t produce energy, but this doesn’t mean your system is useless. A study conducted at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) showed that over an entire year, the accumulation of snow at most affected yearly produced by about 5%, assuming no snow removal at all. It is important to think of your yearly usage and production as opposed to just the snow-filled days.
Solar panels are tougher than your roof! They are designed to withstand snow, rain, wind, hail, and everything else nature may throw their way. We have seen cases where perfectly intact solar panels have had to be removed so that homeowners could replace their hail-damaged roof. Our Tier 1 panels are built to withstand golfball sized hail travelling at 100mph, and we only use panels with a Class 4 hail rating, the highest you can have. The panels are also warrantied at 25 years in addition to our 5-year installation warranty, in case a replacement is ever needed. Check out the video below showing Tier 1 panels standing up to hail.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry. By integrating solar modules into your home insurance for only $10 – $20 per year, depending on your provider, you can stay protected in the rare chance that hail becomes a problem.
Fortunately, warm weather has little to do with a location’s solar potential. Calgary is one of the sunniest cities in Canada, receiving more than 300 days per year of sunshine. The snow we get in Canada also acts as a reflective surface, which increases our solar potential. Another additional bonus is our cold weather! Solar panels produce more energy when they are cold since their conductivity increases. Calgary has a solar potential of about 1292, which is higher than both Rio de Janeiro and Rome!
Benefits of solar
Learn more about the economic, environmental, and social benefits of installing solar.Learn more
Thinking of Going Solar? Get Your FREE QUOTE today.
Fill in the form below & get your free, no-obligation, custom solar quote today. Included in quote is how much money you can save, return-on-investment, custom solar design and more.