About the job
About Zeno Renewables
Zeno Renewables empowers those who want to do their part in reducing humanity’s environmental impact. We do this by specializing in the installation of solar solutions for homes. We have tasked ourselves with the audacious goal of installing solar solutions on 1 million homes by 2040. Our solutions include roof top solar PV, electric vehicle charging, and energy storage. We are the highest rated and one of the fastest growing companies in the renewable energy space in Western Canada and are looking for passionate and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
Zeno is looking for a HR Generalist based out of our head office in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Controller and working closely with the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing HR programs, solutions and policies which enable a high performance culture and support the achievement of Zeno’s business plans. It is an exciting time to join the Zeno team. You will have the opportunity to partner with the business leaders to develop practical, innovative HR solutions as we build our foundation for growth.
What You Will Be Doing
- Partner with the leaders to deliver practical, innovative HR solutions that fit the current and future needs of the business.
- Administer the compensation and benefits programs to ensure consistency and competitiveness in the market.
- Develop an efficient and effective recruiting and onboarding process and support hiring managers and new staff through the process.
- Reinforce the Company’s employee value proposition and employer brand to facilitate the attraction and retention of employees.
- Establish an effective performance feedback approach that encourages individual growth and development while ensuring we are meeting our business goals.
- Provide coaching to leaders on policy interpretation, people management and employee development.
- Develop and provide analysis on key HR metrics.
- Review and update existing polices to ensure alignment with our desired culture and easy access for staff and leaders.
- Ensure compliance with HR-related legislation
What We Would Like From You
Education, Qualifications, & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources or a related discipline with 5 or more years of progressive HR experience.
- Practical, hands-on approach with the ability to partner with leaders to create solutions.
- Ability to build great relationships at all levels of the organization and collaborate with team members.
- You role model the leadership characteristics and values expected of Zeno’s leaders and employees
- Proven track record of effectively delivering practical people programs, processes and policies
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the key financial and HR drivers that impact business results
- Strong consultative style with experience coaching and supporting leaders
- Proficient understanding of HR-related legislation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Human resources: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location